Michael Kahn is a partner, broker and property management expert at The Foundation Group, a nationally respected real estate services firm. Michael comes from a family that has been involved in many different aspects of investment real estate for several generations and has been personally investing in Seattle commercial real estate for more than 10 years. His involvement has covered many facets of investment real estate, including buyer & seller representation, asset valuations and portfolio analysis. Michael has learned about the investment market from the ground up by taking part in the acquisition, management and disposal of investment real estate properties. This full-cycle approach has provided him the knowledge to add value to all aspects of owning and operating investment real estate. As an investor he has learned what it takes to close transactions and maximize your sales price. Michael brings a unique combination of knowledge, performance and integrity to investment real estate.
Michael is a Seattle native and attended the University of Washington where he graduated magna cum laude with his bachelor’s degree in finance and was one of only two students in his class to receive the prestigious Navigator Award for global business. Throughout his studies, Michael focused in investment strategies and analysis. His knowledge of the local market, coupled with his analytic mind and background in finance, is what enables him to his maximize returns and minimize risk for both buyers and sellers.
- The Foundation Group – Commercial Investment Real Estate Specialist
- Stafford Frey Cooper – Accounting & Client Relations
- MAK Investment Fund LLC – Founder/Investment Director
Professional Affiliations & Accomplishments
- Commercial Brokers Association (CBA)
- Rental Housing Association (RHA)
- Northwest Multiple Listing Service (NWMLS)
- Certified Commercial Investment Member Associate Member (CCIM)
- Institute of Management Accountants (IMA)
- University of Washington – Bachelor’s in Finance, Magna Cum Laude
- Investment Fundamentals & Principles
- Federal Income Taxation
- Return Maximization/Risk-Minimization
- Negotiations & Conflict Management
- Entrepreneurial Marketing
- Operations & Project Management
- CI 101 – Financial Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
- CI 102 – Market Analysis for Commercial Investment Real Estate
We truly immerse ourselves in understanding the market. These reports provide a roadmap for owners, developers, and future investors to navigate the critical changes, which provide new opportunities and challenges in the market place.
The recent tax reform added two provisions that could impede first-time homebuyers. Under the new tax law, the standard deduction has doubled to $24,000 for married couples ($12,000 for individuals).